EducationB.A. cum laude from Brown University; then M.A. & C.Phil. in Linguistics from U.C.L.A.
California Teaching Credential in Adult Education, with specialization in French
* Started learning French when I was 14
* Continued at University level
* Then lived in Bordeaux, France for 6 years
FRENCH TEACHING/TUTORING EXPERIENCE
* Have tutored high school students and adults in French, 4 years
* Have taught French to adults in evening classes and conversation groups, 7 years
* Whether you want to improve your accent, make sense of French grammar, increase your fluency, or prepare for a test, I'm sure I can help you.
* Strong academic qualifications in Linguistics (see "Education" section above)
* Have recently tutored a UCI student in Linguistics
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUGAE
* Have taught E.S.L. in London, France, Libya, and California
* Am comfortable either developing own materials or using a pre-existing textbook, depending on the student's needs
Why? I love helping students to gain mastery of what may seem difficult at first. It gives me such pleasure to see my students do well!
HobbiesReading (French & English), both novels & non-fiction.
Learning other languages, especially Italian.
And why have I chosen to go into tutoring? Because I love helping students to gain mastery of what may seem difficult at first. It gives me such pleasure to see my students do well!
Client Reviews (1)
Geraldine is an excellent tutor. She has extensive experience and tailors her teaching style to the student. I feel very comfortable working with her even though I am normally quite shy when it comes to speaking a different language. She is very helpful and brings a lot of real life examples to the table. 5 STARS!
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.